Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a beko Single Fan Oven OIF22000X. Does the fan on the

Customer Question

I have a beko Single Fan Oven OIF22000X. Does the fan on the back wall need to go round in order to heat up the oven or is there a different fan that one cannot see. How do I know that the fan oven is working properly.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The fan in the back does need to run if you are using the fan oven selection . If you are grilling with the top element, that fan will not run.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I cannot actually see the fan is going around though I can hear a noise when the oven is one and the oven heats up.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There are two fans, one that cools the control area and the one in the back of the oven. If you open the door, the fan should shut off. Do you hear the noise stop when you open the door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a bit difficult to explain. The question I have is the fan on the back wall, is that the cooling fan or the heating fan.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That is the heating fan. There is a round element around that fan, under the cover.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The heating fan is number 950 in the diagram at the link below. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see the fan on the back wall going around. Could it be that it only goes round when the door is closed and stops when open.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it will shut off when you open the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the oven heats up does it mean that fan if working or would the oven work even without the fan
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If it is heating up fine then the fan is working. If the fan stops, you would have issues with a thermal fuse because the rear element would overheat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your help today.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure, thank you! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks I will try the oven tomorrow again to see if I can see the fan going around through the glass door. I will rate you. If I have any other questions I will contact you tomorrow.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, thank you so much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly.I am just checking my oven. When I switch it on there is like a draft coming out from the opening in the door although I cannot see the fan on the back wall going round. I can see the back wall element going red.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The draft at the top is the coolign fan. If you cannot see the rear fan moving with the door closed, there is a problem. Can you use a pen to turn the fan blade manually to see if it is stuck>