Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a belling forum 335 oven the main oven has stopped

Customer Question

hi i have a belling forum 335 oven the main oven has stopped working but everything else works what might the problem be and is it easy to fix,it was working fine last nite but then just stopped mid cooking
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
When you say the main oven are you talking about the fan oven only?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its the big oven at the bottam not the grill one,i bought the oven new from a second hand store so didnt get a manuel but ive looked at pictures and believe its a forum one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not 100% sure it is a fan oven,would the fan be inside the actual oven if so then it isnt there is only a heating element thing at the top of the oven on the inside
Can you have a look for a label for me with a product code starting with either a 4 or a 5
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a lael on the back its says###-##-#### ***** the side and 355WH 00453 980700453444448427 on the top
OK it has two elements, one that is in the top and one in the bottom, first thing you need to check is if you have continuity through them and that the wires are still on them at the back (they sometimes come off)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you mean inside the oven or at the back of the oven? ive looked inside the big oven and cant see anything out of place do i need to check inside the smaller top oven/grill?
You will have two elements that are electrically connected at the back of the oven behind the back panel. If you are not familiar with electrical test equipment and dont have a multimeter then its going to be difficult to continue and test procedures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thats fine i can get someone to look for me but does it sound like its something simple like that?
OK if you have someone who can do afew tests I am happy to talk them through it if needed. In the meantime I can get the wiring diagram to hand if needed - Ian