Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a Hotpoint FZFM171 feeezer. My wife unplugged it to clean it a

Customer Question

we have a Hotpoint FZFM171 feeezer. My wife unplugged it to clean it and when she plugged it back in all 3 lights i.e power fast freeze and and alalrm are flashing, after several days. There is no audible signal and the freezer has dropped to a temperature of -10c . finally the knob to adjust the temperature and turn it off is not working and feels loose.
Any ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your freezer ? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 2 years old
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that.The thermostat control has failed. this is more common than you might think especially after defrosting.Its easy to replace and i will help you if you would like. no additional cost for that.The best place to get that woudl be :http://www.espares.co.uk/Sales0844 9777 888After sales0333 4007 888Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, Closed Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.I would call them to order this part, also they ship same day in most cases;-) In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech MichaelRating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here.