Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Daniel, My Tricity Bendix Autowash 1200 starts and fills first 2 minutes but

Customer Question

Hi Daniel,
My Tricity Bendix Autowash 1200 starts and fills for the first 2 minutes but then clicks and stops working. I can drain and spin separately but not wash. Any ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Autowash 1200?Also does it seem to spin and drain normally?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Micheal,It's about 6 yrs old. Model No. TBWD 1210. We travel a lot so it often doesn't get used for several months at a time.
Yes it drains and spins normally but occasionally it seems to 'trip' out and I have to turn it off and put it back to drain again for it to work.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that info. Please unplug the machine for 1 full hour, then back in. and Try to run it with a light load.Let me know what happens and if there are any errors that occur?Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will try that and write back later?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good Ill bee here;-) Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Micheal,No joy I'm afraid. I've tried a few different cycles and the same problem - e.g. the 30 min cycle - it starts to fill and count down from 30, but when it gets to 28 min (i.e. 2 mins after it starts) it just stops and the timer resets to 30 min again. Pressing the start button again doesn't do anything and I have to turn the program button to 'off' and then back to start the drain or spin etc.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying that. Does the drum ever move?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not in the wash cycle but works fine when draining or spinning.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that information. What exactly happens after it fills.Any error lights resets? etc?That will tell me exactly what is wrong.Thanks for your patience.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said, it starts to fill but within the first 2 minutes it just stops and the countdown timer resets to the beginning of the cycle and the Start/Pause button flashes, although pressing it has no effect at all. I could send you a video if you want?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi no I got it. unfortunately the main control board is to blame for this problem.There is a pre programmed IC on that board that has failed. Everything else seem ok. The board is a little pricey but easy to replace with just a few basic hand tools. I will help you all the way if you want to do that repair?The best place to get that main control board is: http://www.espares.co.uk/Sales0844 9777 888After sales0333 4007 888Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, Closed Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks Micheal. I might see if I can get someone local to do the work but if I choose to do it myself I will be in touch.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok its really nor hard to change out no soldering just a few plugs. Im here if you need me.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just in case is this what I need?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I cant tell too well form the part you sent a pic of. But you need the main control panel. That doesnt look like it ;-(