Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Zanussi tumble dryer model ZDC68560W. It seems not

I have a Zanussi tumble dryer model ZDC68560W. It seems not to reverse tumble and yet when I bought it it said it does. When I put sheets in they come out in a knot just like the old fashioned ones use to do.
I mailed Electrolux they mailed back and said it does reverse around every 9/10 minutes but you will not hear it. Well I stood there and heard nothing and my sheets still came out in a knot, at least with my old one the drum had to stop to be able to reverse.
Confused!
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
It is as you rightly say a reversing tumble dryer, they usually run one direction for a number of minutes and then reverse but usually not for such a long time. If you can give me the 11 number PNC code I can look up the drawings and give you a specific amount of time. - Ian
OK there are a number of variations to you model, the common theme is that the appliance should not run clockwise for more than 10 minutes. So if I were you I would make a cup of tea and then sit with the appliance or 12 or so minutes and see if it actually does do a direction change. If not I think you have got a fault with likely the control pcb - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what a PNC code is. Here goes.
Type P542967.
Prod No 916 096 802 04
Serial No 41730872 hope this helps ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do thank you for your help. All the best
Christine
A pleasure - would you kindly rate the help given sofar by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, you can come back to me at any time later for further advice, it just lets me get your job off my screen. The pnc was the 916 number for which I thank you. Thanks for using JA and do come back to me if you require further assistance - Ian