Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Freezer Model No ZRB34211WA, which started to make

Hi I have a Freezer Model No ZRB34211WA, which started to make noise in the back.I was told shut off for 48 hrs then start again. This was done and every thing seemed to be working ok.But now the Fridge is not getting cold, but all the the lights and buttons seem to be working ok. Is there any thing I can do before I get a Expert in
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 11 months ago.
Hi Mike,Would you kindly let me have the PNC a 9 or eleven number located on the rating label so that I can look up the specifications - Ian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Ian the No is###-##-####00
Mike
Thanks - can you get around the back of the unit?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
difficult with out moving freezer
OK I need you to tell me if the compressor (motor) at the back is hot or not?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes it's hot , plus half way up the side of the cabinet is also hot
Is the motor running?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
OK do you get a gentle clicking from that area every now and again perhaps every 3-5 minutes?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes
OK your compressor has mechanically seized, what is happening is that a sensor built into the side of the motor is being activated (the click) to stop the motor from overheating. The compressor attempts to start but because the motor is seized it draws more current trying to get it to start until it reaches the cut off point. This can just be a failure of the mechanics of the motor or that the appliance has lost all its refrigerant which is used to cool both the food and the motor. The latter is a classic case of this problem with you already having a freezing up problem. Unfortunately this is not a diy project as it needs the compressor replacing and then recharging with the required refrigerant. Whether its is a viable proposition is really your decision but the cost of the compressor is srp at £191 plus I would suggest £100 labour.Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting fromt he star rating system at the top of the page, once done further questions are free of charge. Thanks you for using JA and do come back to me if you have further queries. - Ian
Do you require further assistance? If not would you kindly rate the information supplied - thank You.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No thank cheap to go and buy a new freezer