George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Service light has come on on whirlpool awo/d 4505, when I try

Customer Question

Service light has come on on whirlpool awo/d 4505, when I try spin it then has service light come on and wash light and rinse light.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
If you have changed the motor brushes, check that the pump is operating properly and that the tacho on the motor is working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I check the pump is working properly? And the tacho on the motor?
Hello Pip, I have managed to now check the service manual for the appliance which is showing that the fault lies in the heater circuit.. The heater is either open circuit, has low resistance to earth, or is not being powered by the module
it is now 4 days since I requested that you try the appliance with the drain hose over a bucket but I have not heard anything further from you..Can you tell me if you are ready to continue with this before your query times-out?Please also take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you. regardsGeorge