Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My indesit washer dryer (IWDE7145K) stopped working and indicated

My indesit washer dryer (IWDE7145K) stopped working and indicated an F06 error code- door interlock replaced with brand new part and since replacing this the machine still does not work. When I turn it on at the wall the interlock buzzes and after shutting the door all programmes fail to start and the door lock red light flashes to indicate the door is not closed! I have now tried 2 different door interlocks and multiple tries of the obligatory turning off at the wall and leaving off for a while before turning on and nothing works! Help!!!!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.
Hi F06 is a door lock issue. For this its either the door lock itself, the wiring block going to the lock or the main control board. As the door lock is new then you can rule that out. What you need to do is remove the door lock and disconnect the wiring bock on there.Then carefully have a good look at the wiring block for any signs of burning or corrosion on the block or wiring itself as in the past i have seen this fault on these. But if the wirning harnnes is fine then im afraid this is going to be the main control board at the back at the bottom at fault. Now if you buy this brand new then they are sold blank so you need to buy the programming kit and smart card which along with the cost of the board will be over £250 so not even worth it.But Indesit themselves do a fixed price repair for £110 all in so that way its a lot cheaper for them to call out and replace the control board and they will program it with there laptop. As this way its cheaper then yourself buying and programming the board up. But just check the door lock wiring block first and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Sorry missed a bit out. You can buy a refurbished board from this company. But give them the full model as they will need to get it programmed up for you. Plus the refurbished board is about half the price of a new one. Click here
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If I got this board from the place u said is it difficult to fit? So far all the repairs I've tried have been with the help of you tube videos!
Its easy to fit as the wiring plugs are just push fit. The thing i suggest is give the full and correct model details as in the past ive heard customers say it doesnt work and it turns out they give the wrong details as theres several versions of cerain numbers. But yes its easy to fit on these.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've now checked all wiring and connections and all appear in working order so it looks like I'm going to have to get the board you suggest and try that!
Ok if the wiring block is fine then it will be the board. As i said you have the 2 choices, Either a refurbished board for £60 or give Indesit a bell and they will call out and fix it themselves and program it up with a new board for £110 all in. If you need anymore info on this just get back to me.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this board called something in particular? I can't find this on the site?
This is the circuit board for your model its called a module board. Click here But ive been looking at your model and theres 3 different versions of it so you may be best giving them a bell in the morning and give them the full model details of the washer just to make sure you get the correct board.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.