Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

There I have a betacom 30 with red light on constant,ive

Customer Question

hi there I have a betacom 30 with red light on constant,ive changed low pressure sensor and tried reseting boiler and it just stays red,an engineer I know said that the pcb might have had it so I changed that and still nothing can you help as its been off a week now steve
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, you say the red light is on constant. Which led is lit red, is it on one of the numbers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you mean by numbers , a betacom 30 has just 3 lights the top one with a flame and cross on it is red constantly ,
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , sorry I was thinking of betacom 30c.The boiler runs through a sequence. On demand the pump will run ,the fan will run, air pressure switch make, then gas valve opens and the ignition will spark to light the burner. If no flame sensed , it will try to light again , until going to lockout .Turn the power off to the boiler at the switch for 3 mins then back on. Run heating or hot water and listen to see if the pump starts, if you can hear the fan run.if you. An hear the boiler sparking. This will help find out at what stage the boiler is getting to and what component is faulty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ive done the reset a lot of times, glowing said its pressure sensor but that's new , the boiler makes no noises what so ever , it's as if it's frozen
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the pcb boiler fuses should be checked to make sure they have not blown as this would cause a complete no operation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again can only see one fuse and fine it's 230 on my tester ,
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi .do you have power to the pump or fan?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
With heating demand