Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Evening. We have a bwd129 hot point It washes then goes into

Evening. We have a bwd129 hot point
It washes then goes into dryer mode automatically. It appears to be getting worse.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi I take it its doing this even though the dryer control knob is set to off is it?Does it do this on all the cycles you use? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, my wife puts machine on normal wash, we normally take the clothes out and put in a different tumble dryer. But it's started going into drying mode automatically, fine if you are in and you can catch the change, but so frustrating if out and blessed clothes end up being dried and creased it's driving us mad
Or should I say the wife lol. I would be grateful for any advice. So I get a quiet lifeKR David
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok just make sure the dryer dial is turned to the off mark as if its turned on then it will run a dry cycle once the wash has finished as the dryer is selected. But if the dryer dial is turned to off then im afraid this is a control board fault as thats the only part that will cause this fault. So just double check the dial is set to off and if it is then the main control board at the back at the bottom will need to be replaced as thats the only part that will cause this fault here im afraid. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel
Is it very expensive ref to buying a panel and engineer fitting etc
Any idea of a starting point £££ for carrying out the work???
Once I know I can rate accordingly
KR David
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
This is a very expensive repair doing yourself. As new boards are sold blank so they need to be programmed up. For you to do this yourself you will also need to buy the programmeing and kit which is about £110. So given the cost of a new board which is also about £100 it's not worth doing yourself.The cheaper option here is to get Hotpoint out direct as they do a fixed fee repair for £110 All in. So for that price they will callout fit the control board and program it up with there laptop.
That will be the best option here in this case
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daniel.
Thank you for your answers I am most grateful. With out your input my wife and I would still be going around in circles for another year. I rate this app 10/10
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome. To rate the answer you just need to click the star ratings to do this. Many thanks