Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a DeLonghi Magnifica 4200 that is four months old. I

Customer Question

I have a DeLonghi Magnifica 4200 that is four months old. I stupidly added preground coffee before turning on the machine. It has now stopped working. I can remove the defuser which I have done and cleaned. When I turn the machine on, no water comes through and the "no water or water tank absent" light comes on. When I turn the machine off, a small amount of water DOES come through. The machine is still not working. I have brushed out all the loose grains and hoovered the last remnants out. Is there anything I can do?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Im sorry to hear that. We all make mistakes lol. What I would do in this case is exchange that one for a new one because likely you got coffee into areas where it caused damage to the unit ;-(But I wouldn't mention that you added the pre ground coffee, they will exchange it for you. If the store wont so this you will need to contact Delonghi using the phone contact # ***** the user guide and on the warranty card for fastest service.Just tell them it stopped working is all you need to say ;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was what I was planning to do but hoped to avoid. I was looking for a way of fixing the problem myself. The advice was not poor or bad, merely not of value to me. (If you are checking Michael out, please do not take this a criticism of him - it is not meant to be. Delonghi do not put a warning notice on the area one pours the coffee grounds in - I think they should).