Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The timer cuts out on the microwave of my 4 year old Series

The timer cuts out on the microwave of my 4 year old Series 5 Compact Oven Multifunction about 3 seconds after I have pressed the start button.. Any ideas why?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Im sorry to hear that.How old is your microwave?Also may I have the full model # ***** I can help you effectively?thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The kitchen /combi oven was installed in December 2011. Model no. C67M70N0GB
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks I will be with you in a few mins ...Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Continue as we are for the time being.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you any further forward?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for the delay.How long will it run when you set it?Also does it heat now or sound any different when its running/ And does it cut out at the same time each time or is it different each time?Thank youtech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It counts down for 3 seconds and then cuts out on all settings
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,What exactly happens when it cuts out and how can you restart it? And does it sound different when it runs?or the same?thankstech Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
SO are you saying also that no matter how much time you have on it it runs only for 3 secs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes! It's as though the stop button has been pressed and I then have to reset everything- wattage, time and press the start button again. It again stops after 2-3 seconds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would appear that we aren't making any progress. It isn't a case of pressing a few reset buttons and I am going to have to call in Neff to carry out repairs or purchase a new oven. Do you agree?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you any further forward with my problem.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am sorry for the delay,In this case the magnetron or the diode had failed and is overheating internally so the timer will cut it off like this.If you are handy I can help you source the part and replace it. But this is really a task for an experienced technician as microwave ovens can retain a lethal charge even when unplugged!I can keep you safe if you would like ti make this part replacement.Please let me know.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.