Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Beko dishwasher fault

beko dishwasher fault
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. Also what fault are you getting with it? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model DSFS153/WThe machine appears to have no power, but the discharge pump will run if you operate the float switch.
Have checked the on/off switch, the door switch and replaced the control board and the display board. Still not working.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My laptop seems to be playing up. I take it you have the lights comming on the top of the control panel?Are you able to change the cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no lights on the control panel and you can not change program.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Okay if the power is fine and you have already replaced the control boards then its possibly a wiring fault in the door as this does happen On these.What you need to do is remove the outer door panel and from there you will see the wiring and running down to the bottom. Open up the harness and give each wire a tug one at a time and check for any broken wires.If there is a broken wire then you need to repair that and we try the dishwasher and hopefully that will sort it.Check the wiring of the door and see what you find and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked all wiring in the door, no cables broken.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok this doesnt make sense as if the control boards have been replaced, the on/off switch is fine, the wiring in the door is fine and the mains supply is fine then theres nothing else in there that will cause this. Did you fully check the wirse very carefully?The reason i ask is i can remember a call i had on one of these with the same fault no power.I checked the wiring first and that was fine so ordered the control boards.Went back and fitted boards and it was still the same, Nothing comming on.So fully stripped down the front to access the door wiring as it went down the bend to the underside and there it was a broken wire in the door hinding quite a way down. So may be worth double checking the wiring and fully remove the support bars hoding the wiirng harness on and check there. As for the dishwasher to have no lights comming on then its usually either the power supply, Control boards, on/off switch or door wiring.As nothing else inside the dishwasher will cause the lights not to come on.