Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Can I use my Hitachi Smart TV as a dumb tv if I dont buy a

Can I use my Hitachi Smart TV as a dumb tv if I dont buy a dongle?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi All the smart tv does is connects to the internet and allows you to watch catch up and the likes of Netflix on there. So if you dont connect it with a dongle then you can still use the tv as a normal tv and watch normal channels and connect the likes of Sky, Virgin and dvd players as normal still as that wont be effected by not connecting it to a internet connection so that will be just fine as a dumb tv as you call it :) Hope this helps you. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So, I just have to connect it to an aerial? Is there any software on the TV that is likely to get unsupported?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Yep thats all you need to do is plug the aerial in and the leads if you have any sky boxes or dvd players. Theres no software that will be unsupported on there if yoy are just using it as a normal tv so dont worry about that. When you first try and set it up if you havent already it may try and connect to a wifi signal. Just skip that part and do an auto scan if just using a tv aerial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** saved me some time and lugging a TV back to the shop, and more decisions to make!!!!! Cheers, Kate