Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Bosch anatixx 6. It keeps failing to spin and

Hi, I have a Bosch anatixx 6. It keeps failing to spin and drain on odd washes. Have checked the front filter and have now removed the drain hose thinking there was a blockage in the pipe but the pipe is fully free flowing. How do I check inside the water pump, it looks as though it comes apart but I don't want to break anything. Can you advise me please.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
The pump is screwed onto the back of the filter chamber but to save you taking it apart - remove the filter housing (towel to hand) and then put the appliance on a spin or pump out and looking into the filter housing see if the pump is spinning fast. If you can let me have the ENr I can have a look at the specs further. ENr is on the rating label in the door frame - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E-Nr WAE28366GB/18 FD 9002 602289 I've just taken the cover off the filter chamber and a 5 pence piece has fallen out!!!! I could swear loudly at this moment because I've taken the filter chamber cover off numerous times in the past few weeks because it's done this loads of times!!!!!! It must have dislodged when I moved the machine out to get to the back. I will put everything back together and give it a go. Fingers crossed! Thanks for your help.
OK what tends to happen with these is they get stuck in the drain pipe and act abit like a butterfly valve ie thay let the water through sometimes and not others. Glad you found the problem - would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me if you have a further problem on a foc basis. Thank you for using JA and come back to me if you need further help. Have a great washday !! Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian.