Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a samsung american style fridge/freezer model SR-61

Customer Question

I have a samsung american style fridge/freezer model SR-61 KTC S/No 693841AT500104M
There was a tinny noise like a loose fan coming from the fridge compartment and then the temperature increased to approx 15degC. I reduced the temp at the control and it went to 0degC but it is now iced up. Is it a failed fan? How do I get to it to check and replace it.
Any help much appreciated.
Pete (ex pat in France)
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Can you see a door switch that switches the lights on when you open close the door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it's a push-button, top right of the door opening, just under the freezer door.
Do you have on one the fridge side too?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is on the fridge side, top right of the fridge door, just under the freezer door which is above the fridge door.
OK if you manually press the light switch does the noise stop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the noise stopped some days ago so I don't know
OK you have an evaporator fan that circulates the air around the freezer, if this starts to freeze up you get the fan blades catching on the ice build up, eventually to the point where the fan stops and the temperature goes up. This can be caused by the door being left open in error or the defrost heater failing. If the fan is running then you should be OK, if however it starts catching then we can do some disassembly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought this may be the problem so how do I get to the evaporator fan?
Let me have a look see, Can you give me the full number including the / and three letters after please.