Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My zanussi ZDC67550W tumble dryer not working, no lights

Customer Question

Hi, my zanussi ZDC67550W tumble dryer not working, no lights nothing. Mains fine, fuse fine..
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Would you kindly let me have the full pnc code that is on the rating label in the door. There are 12 different versions of that model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
916 096 169 12
OK thank you do you have any test equipment that would allow you to check if you had power at a particular point in the appliance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Non am afraid not
OK in that case I would suggest you get a service engineer in or a friend that knows and has a meter. The appliance is totally controlled by a computer board and without knowing if it is actually getting power its just a guessing game.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, if there are no lights coming on though I presume no power anywhere... if it is the thermal fuse, does that need replacing if it's gone, does it not start working again when machine cooled down?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20 mins. & no answer?!
There is no thermal fuse the power goes from the main cable through a inteference suppressor directly to the pcb. Thermal fuses look after the operation of the heater from what you have told me so far you have no power getting into the appliance and no way of testing even if you had?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have taken a further £17 from my bank account. Seeing as you have not been able to help me, other than tell me you can't help, and I did not say that I was satisfied to pay more, or give permission for a further £17 to be taken I politely request you reimburse me £17. If this does not happen I shall waste no time in taking up a complaint.