Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

How dose your heater cope with the oil expansion is the rad

Customer Question

how dose your heater cope with the oil expansion is the rad full of oil
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Radiators are not full of oil usually about 80% - Oils used are diathermic which allows a greater transfer of heat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wear can i buy the oil and if you were to lay a heater on its side forgetting fire hazards would the heater element or part of be outof the oil and burn out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
forgetting fire hazard why cannot you lay heater on its side is it part of the eliment could be out of the oil and burn out wear can you buy the oil
You can buy diathermic oils through this company - https://www.applegate.co.uk/b2b-products-services/56096a90624511e3bf0a005056822514.html -- Not a good idea to have an element switched on when out of the medium it is trying to heat. In this case yes it would burn out. This is why you tip a oil filled radiator so that the element and fill end are upwards and usually co-located.