Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Pplease, how do I remove the door handle from the upper (fridge)

Pplease, how do I remove the door handle from the upper (fridge) compartment of a BOSCH KGV32423GB/03 fridge freezer? It is brocken and I need to replace it.
Thankyou!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi If you look at the handle thats attacted to the side of the fridge door you will see a plastic cover.You need to pop this off and behind there is a screw. To remove the cover you need a small flat bladed screwdriver and you can prise it out from there.Remove this screw then you can remove the handle from there and swap it over. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,
I've removed 2 screws from behind the plastic cover, and the handle is now only attached to the door's front face. I'm going to call this the righthand end (rhe) of the handle. The rhe of the handle has a part that inserts into the door. I thought I might be able to remove the handle then by sliding the whole thing to the right and lifting it out. Do you know how I get the rhe out of the door? Many thanks, Graham
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Once the screws are out then pull the handle towards you and bend it back on itself and it should release from the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel - did that, and apart of the handle has broken off inside the door, as I feared. I was as careful as I could be. I get the feeling that the handle is not made to be easily removed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Nope they are not made for taking off as the tab nearly always breaks off when you remove these.Was you removing the handle because it was faulty any way? Fitting the new one will be stright forward as they go in easyer the comming off.