Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hitachi 500 dhr10 digital TVs recorder that keeps

Customer Question

I have a hitachi 500 dhr10 digital TVs recorder that keeps switching itself off when something is recording. Any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi AE error code means water has leaked into the base of the washer and has activated the flood switch. What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it 45 degs backwards as this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you may need a towel for that part. Then stand it up right and see if this clear the error code. Retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed it was just a one off that caused this. But if it happens again then theres something in there leaking. For this you need to remove the top and back panel and try and see whats leaking in there. Check the hoses and the door seal and tub for leaks. Try that and see what happens and let me know. Regards