Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I managed to remove the bulb from my whirlpool microwave AMW

I managed to remove the bulb from my whirlpool microwave AMW 440 IX put the side panel back on switched the power back on and heard a pop !!! Have replace the fuse in the plug but the microwave will not come on. When I replaced the side panel I did not cover the connector spades to the bulb, would this be the cause ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi If the microwave isnt comming on and you have checked the fuse in the plug then its more then likely the internal fuse in there has blown. If you didnt cover the connector spades and fitted the panel then it could have shorted out on there and caused this. You need to remove the outer casing on the microwave and then before touching anything in there you must discharge the high voltage capacitor as even when unplugged it could store up to 4500v in there. Then look on the controls on there you should see a small fuse in there. Its usually a 10amp glass fuse. You need to test this and if faulty then you need to replace that and hopefully that will get the power back again. But if the fuse is fine and its still no power then its more then likely a blown circuit board which would need to be replaced on there. So check that fuse and hopefully its just that that has blown on this. Regards