Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

There I have an intergrated Baumatic fridge freezer 2

Hi there I have an intergrated Baumatic fridge freezer 2 years old. Suddenly both fridge and freezer stopped working overnight. Light is on and when I turn power off and back on again I can hear it starting up but not getting cold at all. Can anyone help please
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. Also can you hear the compressor at the back running? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is ***** It is built in so difficult to know whats going on behind. When I switch it off and back on at the mains something springs into life and I can hear if whirring but then stops again shortly after then the light goes on when you open the dooor, door open alarm is not now working and everything is silent
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok for this fault you have if its not cooling then its either the compressor itself at the back or the control unit at the top. Either way the appliance will need to be pulled out from the unit.Then from there you will see the compressor at the back at the bottom its the black pot.Feel this and see if its hot to touch or running. If it is then the compressor is the issue and you would need to get a fridge enginner in to replace this as that isnt a diy repair as you need the correct tools and equipment to be able to carry this out. But if the compressor isnt running at all then its more then likely the control unit at the top which would need to be replaced. So you just need to access the compressor at the back to be able to see which the fault is here im afraid. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much is a repair like replacing the compressor or control unit likely to cost please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
For a compressor replacment you are looking at around £250-300 fitted.For the control board this is around the £150 mark includeing the labour as well. Im afraid both are not cheap parts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. That's useful
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome. If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.