George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an HME8520 GB/01 combination oven. The microwave timer

I have an HME8520 GB/01 combination oven. The microwave timer has failed, it appears as if the power is not getting through to that part of the appliance.The rest of the oven is working OK, is there a fuse that may have failed, and if so where is it located on the appliance.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Maurice, my name is***** are several versions of fuses on the appliance that if defective would discontinue power to the microwave part of the appliance. There is a fuse T1.25A on the back of the control panel. but there are also temperature limiters inside the casing that act to shut off the power should there be a fault.Warning: There are compnents inside this microwave that can cause lethal discharge of electricity if touched.. Even when switched offPlease be patient as I am on call so will be in and out and may not be able to answer you immediately Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided Jim, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George, I will check the fuse you have described to see if that is the problem. If it is not the answer I shall probably settle for buying a new free standing microwave, as it will likely as not work out cheaper than investigating this one further. the rest of the functions are still working so the microwave is not desperate.
Thanks for your time.