Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a leisure 110 duel fuel I need to access the LH oven

Customer Question

I have a leisure 110 duel fuel I need to access the LH oven control to replace it but I cannot access the screw under the glass hot plate to release the RH top panel to get to the RH retaining screw for the control panel
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Oven/range?Also look in between the door for additional screws. You can send me a pic or two on here and I will assist you witht this.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am guessing it will be about circa 2000. There is no access to screws in between the doors. The top is in two half's, the LH side is four gas rings and that is held down with four screws on the top panel and a couple more at the back, this is ready for removal now when it is lifted up the retaining screw for the control panel is clearly visible and no problem to access. The RH side is electric and has a griddle plate which is easily removed and has two retaining screws which I have removed but the other part of this top half is a glass hotplate which I cannot remove but you can see that there are the other two retaining screws underneath it which I need to take out so that I can lift the second top plate out to access the last control panel retaining screw and then change the oven control. There is no access from the inside of the oven upwards either I have looked.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi,can you send me a pic of this one?I know how to get in there but I need to be sure what one you have exactly to be sure;-)Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please find attached
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the pics,On this one you have to remove the screws, check the back too, then the top, lifts by prying it up and forward.Let me know how it goes. But look for hidden screws.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are two screws under the griddle plate which I have already removed and I have seen the two at the back but there is something holding the top plate down on the outside edge, I have tried gently prising it off but if I give it any more pressure I will break the glass. When it is prised up as far as possible although there is not much room to see there is something going down from the plate to the body although as I say there is not enough room to see much but it is undoubtedly another two screws.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I have not been back to you on this but we had a death in the family so the cooker had to take a back seat!
Did you read the last comment? I have tried again but there is no movement to be had until I can access those other screws.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Im sorry to hear that!In any case let me see if there is a diagram available for you. I will be back soon with that if I can find one.