Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Neff double oven. Main oven lamp died. Was

Hello. I have a Neff double oven. Main oven lamp died. Was suspicious so tried it in top oven, and it worked. I wonder if there is an internal fuse associated with the main oven lamp?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model No is U15M62.OGB
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Im sorry to hear that. How old is your oven? Also does it seem intermittent when you tap on the range and the light works?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 6 yr old Neff double oven. Was cleaning it today. When I powered up the oven from the main switch on the wall, the main oven switch was set to "LAMP" so I wondered if the power surge killed a fuse. No, it's not intermittent.
John
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for that info. What will the oven do now? There really is no fuse. But the connection point could be bad on the wiring block where the wires connect to the oven.Is there any sign of life for this oven?Please explain what it will and wont t do now or is it completely dead?ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou, Michael. That was a pertinent question, as it turns out. When I checked, just now, nothing was working in the main oven at all. (door was still off as I haven't quite finished wiping it out yet). Clock was flashing zeros and the top oven working fine. Reset the clock and hey presto. Mystery to me but all seems well. Thanks for your time.
Mystified
John
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi John thanks, ***** ***** need a meter or a cheap test light (you can get one for any hardware store) to test this to be sure power is getting into the control board.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Please send me the Make, Full modle # ***** a good desriptin of your problem and I will reply.Thank youTech Michael