Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Hotpoint FF200E in which water is freezing on

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint FF200E in which water is freezing on the floor of the freezer.Water is also dripping out of the bottom of the unit. I gather this is most likely a blocked drain pipe. I have removed the 2 screws from the ventilation panel at the back of the fridge but cannot get the panel out. Can you help please?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an Appliance Technician and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.The way to solve this one is to defrost the unit for 8 hours with the doors open.Make sure you have some towels to soak up the water that will come out when you do this.Also, How old is your fridge?And is there any heavy frost on the rear wall of the freezer?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,
I have managed to remove the panel. There was two more screws behind the lights. I was expecting to be able to see the drain tube but cannot.The fridge freezer is about 5/6 years old and works perfectly apart from the blocked drain hole. Insread of water dripping into the hole on the top of the evaporator it is causing the floor of the freezer to ice up and water is dripping on to the floor
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank for that info. You need to remove the rear wall front freezer to access that tube. But its likely just froze up in there. Although I have found all kinds of things in these drain tubes Peas etc lol, Don't know how they get back there but .... Usually its just ice in the top of the tube so a good derfost is all it shoudl need with this model;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, If I remove the freezer rear panel will I be able to see the drain?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes you shoudl see the defrost coils, then a thin pan and the drain tube, its pretty small, and you can use a piece of stiff wire to clear it if its gotten food in there, but like I was saying its usually just ice ;-)Please rate kindly at this time so I can stick with you, no further cost to do that either.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,I have been putting the fridge back together and will start on the freezer tomorrow. I will contact you then if I get stuck.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Sounds great. I will be here, I am usually on here all day But Im in the US so our hours are a bit different lolSincerely'Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,
Job done. Two skins to remove from back of freezer. Six screws in the front one. Back skin was frozen in place. Helped it to defrost and prized it out. As you said coils and small drainage pan with hole on left hand side. Channel to hole iced up level hence water dripping into base of freezer and onto floor. Poured hot water onto drainhole, eventually started draining into box on top of evarorator. Will probably happen again in time.
Thanks again for your help.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hey thats great! I f you ever need me just ask for me. have a great day.Tech Michael