Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

LogikL712WM13 wasihing machine power on but nothing else w

logikL712WM13 wasihing machine power on but nothing else works
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 months ago.
Hi When you say nothing works what is it the washer is actually doing wrong? Are you able to select a wash cycle?If you try and start it will the door lock? Regards
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
does not kick in on any wash cycle
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the door locks perfectly
Ok so the door locks so you cannot open it when you start a cycle is that correct?Is the washer full of water or has it drained out?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Cannot open door with lock symbol on and the machine is empty of water
Sorry for all the questions but im just trying to get a picture in my head of what its doing. Last question now, If you set the washer to a spin only do you hear the pump run and will the drum turn on the spin only?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the pump works and the drum spins ok
Ok if that works then its looking like a filling issue. First thing to check is the water supply to the washer is turned on and the fill at the back isnt kinked up. If thats fine then you need to pull the washer out and from there remove the fill hose at the back and aim it in to a bucket and turn the water supply on and check the pressure is good. If thats fine then you need a multi meter. Remove the top of the washer and in the back right corner you will see the water valve were the fill hose goes to.On there you will see 2 coils. With your meter test each coil, They should read about 3.6K ohms. If any are faulty then you need to replace the valve. But if the valve is fine then its more then likely the control board at fault which would need to be replaced. But to be honest on these Logik washers its not worth it as the control boards are about £80 just for the part only. But try the above first and see what you find and let me know.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks I have just been told that error 21 popped up and my idiot granddaughter kept pushing all buttons!
Ok er 21 is a draining fault. Remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom and there you will see the filter.Remove this and just check for any debris blocked in there. Also check the waste pipe as well and were it drains out to as well.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have clocked at the filter and that is clean, but I checked E21 in the manual and it recommends checking the drain pump
The filter is the drain pump. So if thats clear and the pump is running then we can rule that out. But as this is a draing fault that shouldnt stop the washer from filling with water.What you can try if you are able to is remove the top of the washer and locate the pressure switch. It will be roundish and has a thin hose going to the bottom of it.Remove the hose and blow hard down it. Then retry the washer and see how it goes from there.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.