Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Daniel, My mum has a Servis Fridge Freezer Frost Free and the freezer section has been

Customer Question

Hi Daniel,
My mum has a Servis Fridge Freezer Frost Free and the freezer section has been making banging noises and now has stopped working but the fridge section still seems to work. Everything in the freezer is defrosted.
Any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** if you go around to the back is the motor (compressor running and secondly is it hot or just warm) Can you also let me have the full model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NLE11KK4 / DANFOSS / SUCTION CONNECTOR / 220-240 50HZ
LBP LSY R600a
danfoss compressors 6952 / 75C1G0MM
105HIT IS HOT NOT WARM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO ARE YOU THERE?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.MY NUMBER IS ***** 391 902 ARE YOU STILL THERE?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello I am still waiting. Are you there???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there.This is ridiculous.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My number is +44 7860 391 902. You have not solved my previous problem from 11am this morning
Most of the experts here in the UK have full time jobs and do this as a part time occupation. You have given me the model number of the compressor not the model number of the fridge freezer. Whilst you say that the compressor is hot, is it still running or does it start and then shortly after (up to 30 seconds) stop ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know. How would I find out? I have turned it off right now as the freezer section is not working
OK leave it for an hour and then reconnect it and tell me if you can hear a clicking at the back or feel the compressor running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the compressor please??I have added photos of the back of the freezer.
OK the compressor is the black thing in the second photo (you may know it as the motor) that pumps the gas around the system. It should have cooled down enough now for you to see if it will actually run when you switch it on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok give me fifteen minutes to turn it on as I am not home yet
No worries, other than tea breaks I'm here for the rest of the evening now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a red light flashing with a warning sign at the top and its called SERVIS FROST FREE
If you go inside the fridge there is a stick on label either on the side or behind the salad draw with the model number on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here you go!!
Ah yes a real old Servis of 2005 vintage - good old machines. OK when you are ready to go lets get to it, I need you to be able to get around the back of it so that you can switch it on and check things there. Ping me when your ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i NEED ABOUT AN HOUR IF THATS OK
Yes thats fine come back to me when you're free.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I AM FREE CAN WE DO THIS OVER THE PHONE?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my number is ***** 391 902 or I can call you
Two minutes and I'll call you, just need to close down another questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Standard delivery (delivery on Wednesday 20 April 2016)
Large item(s)
Quantity Product code Product price Total
ESSENTIALS - CE55CW13 Fridge Freezer - White 1 039841 £ 179.99 £ 179.99
+ Remove and recycle your old product 1 111302 £ 20.00 £ 20.00
5 Years for ESSENTIALS - CE55CW13 Fridge Freezer - White (Ref : 494400BWXR) 1 097140 £ 64.00 £ 64.00
Cost of products and services £ 263.99
Cost of delivery Free
Total cost £ 263.99
VAT (included) £ 44.00
Payment method
American Express £ 263.99
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you there?
Sounds like you got a good deal, enjoy and come back to me if you have any queries. Many thanks for the kind rating and do come back to me if you have further queries. Many thanks for using JA and have a great evening - Ian