Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Ok I have NEFF dishwasher. The filter seems to have got blocked

Ok I have NEFF dishwasher. The filter seems to have got blocked and the machine was leaking water from the front. I have cleaned the filters but the machine now seems stuck on the draining cycle. I have not been able to move it on.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi If the dishwasher had a leak on it then some of the water will have got into the base and activated the flood switch in there which then keeps the pump running all the time. To fix this you need to pull the dishwasher out from under the unit and lie it on its back as this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you will need a towel for that part. Then stand it up right and turn it back on and this will have cleared the fault and will allow you to use it as normal from there. Do the above and that will get the dishwasher working again for you. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try that. There is no other way to do this? Because the dishwasher is an integrated one.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
You can try and just remove the wooden kick board at the bottom of the kicthen.Then remove the outer wooden door.Then there you will see a metal cover above the plastic base, Remove this and then make sure the plug is out so the power is off. Now you need a sponge and try and sponge the water out from there. Now this way is very difficult as its not easy to get your hand in the base to soak the water up as its very tight in there. Plus the panels will need to come off anyway so as they are off then its not much more to pull te dishwasher out as that way at least you dont need to remove the outer wooden door. Or another way but this will take a while. Just leave it turned off for around 2 weeks and the water should dry itself up. But this will take a while im afraid.