Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My N150 frige freezer is installed in our swift conqueror double

Customer Question

My N150 frige freezer is installed in our swift conqueror double axle caravan. The led shows a blue flashing light when running on 240v and shows a 12 fault on the led panel. The fridge runs ok on gas and 12v, but reverts back to the blue flashing light when turned back to 240v.
Will the unit reset itself once the fridge power has been turned off to the caravan, or am I looking at something terminal like a new heater element ????
Hope you can assist me with a possible diagnosis.
Cheers
David
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
OK error 12 on your model refers to a low voltage battery supply but there have been a number of these problems over the years that track back to the main power control board which has subsequently been modified to include a resetable fuse. Depending upon how old the model is it will be well worth you contacting Thetford as they have done a number FOC subject to you paying the engineers labour usually about £25 or £30.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I am running on 240v showing the number 12 fault, how would low battery voltage affect the sytem ?? Is the resetable fuse a circuit breaker ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you think I should contact Thetford, do you have a contact telephone number as I keep getting directed to caravan sales outlets and not the Thetford service centre.
Remember these logic boards are constantly testing all circuits and because of you gas supply they will shut down for the slightest problem be that a poor earth connection or cable being loose. Herewith a link to the Thetford service network locator -- http://www.thetford-europe.com/dealers-service-centres/# like many companies these days they use a network of service companies to carry out their work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your thoughts, but I'm not sure that you are too familiar with the Thetford fridge freezer N150 and feel no nearer to solving the pro lem of the blue flashing light. I have no problems with the power board, circuit breakers or earthing etc, nor do I have problems with the gas supply which would affect the 240v supply. Could the failure of a heating element result in the blue light flashing and the led showing fault number 12 ??? I will try again to call Thetford using your link.
As you wish, I can only tell you what I know about this appliance which is backed up by Thetford, Your appliance have fun fixing it.