Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I've got a Hoover 709/6x oven. The clock has power but

Hi, I've got a Hoover 709/6x oven. The clock has power but the oven won't turn on. I've tried the child lock and that doesn't seem to have fixed it. Please can you help.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Have you set the clock to the correct time and placed it in manual (the hand) or is it still in auto ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've set the clock but I can't see anything to do with it being in manual.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way I'm only free until 4.2pm. If it's easier can we talk on the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. 4.25pm.
Can you give me the product code which is on a label in the door frame and I will get the manual.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Don't really want to spend another £13 at this point. I've looked at the manual and it hasn't helped. The model though is a HOC709/6x. Type mr05. Is that what you wanted?
No there is a long number usually begining with three that I need - you shouldn't have to pay anything other than the initial £13 so forget any computer generated messages and you only pay if you are happy with the service if not you get a refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Sorry but I had to go into a meeting. Don't know if we can pick this up tomorrow, but the number you wanted is 33701230 (then possibly 14230088). Thanks.
OK that was a struggle, I finally managed to get the information, wasnt helped by them changing the clock type. If you can let me have your email address I will send the instructions across to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. That's good news. However, if I put my email address in here it will be posted publicly online which I don't want to happen. Just answer have my email address so is there not a way of doing it through them?
OK understood - you have mail. Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Once done all further questions are free of charge - thank you for using JA and have a great day - Ian
OK from what you have told me you have a faulty clock that will need replacing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you explain why that's your conclusion? The clock seems fine, if there's nothing else that needs to be done to it. Also, I'very noticed that I hear clicks when I turn the dials to turn the oven on, if that means anything to you. Thanks
Think of the timer/clock as two items, there is one part that is a clock whilst the other part controls relays that control the power to the oven. If the clock works then that only controls the action of the clock it does not mean that the relays on the oven side are actually working. We have tried to set the clock/timer so that it can be used in manual mode but from what you have told me this is not happening. So the only conclusion is that there is a problem with the relay switching. The clock/timer is a complete assembly ie you have to change it as a complete unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thanks. That makes more sense. Thanks for your help.
OK not a problem, would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star ratings at the top of the page this allows me to shut the job down on the system, but you can come back to me after just log on and it will be routed to my diesk - thanks for using JA and have a good day.