George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Siemens countertop dishwasher showing E24 error code

I have a Siemens countertop dishwasher showing E24 error code and the water has not drained. I understand that this means the filter is blocked. How do I access and clean it?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 11 months ago.
Hello Penny, my name is***** filter is inside the tub, under the metal grid at the bottm of the dishwasher.. remover the grid and pull out the filter for cleaning. Can you open the door of the appliance and give me the ENR which is etched into the metal at the top of the doors inner panel please. Please be patient as I am on call, so will be in and out, sometimes out for hours at a time, and therefore may not be able to answer you immediately
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm not at home at present so will have to get back to you on that probably tomorrow. However, I did pull out the metal grid and scooped out as much water as I could. There isn't anything under the grid that I can remove without unscrewing something.
If you get me that ENR I will be able to see your appliance build. Look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll get back to you by email on the serial number as soon as I'm home. I may take you up on the phonecall tomorrow by arrangement with you if it's not obvious.
Penny
Ok Penny.. it is the ENR I require, not the Serial number; however thank you, ***** ***** await your reply.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dear *****
Siemens tabletop dishwasher - the number appears to be SK59E800EU/08. That's the only number I can see.
I've taken out the filter which is clean and taken off the panel under it. I've sponged out the excess water and can see the pump impeller which is fitted sideways rather than under the filter. I can't see how to get it off or whether I can get the pump out.
Penny
Hi Penny, that is in the form of an ENR however, that number is ***** being recognised.. can you re-check it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My mistake, it's SK6E800EU/08. The machine was bought in Germany if that's any help.
Is it SK26E800EU/08 ???
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can't get this right - SK56E800EU
Is this it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, that's the one.
Ok, on that version there is a removable bottom panel underneath the appliance to access the pump
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I"ve removed a cover (2 screws) and as mentioned, can see the top of the pump which is fitted sideways under the cover. I can just about get to the impeller fan but can't actually reach the pump itself. There's very little space there. Do I just tug at the impeller until the whole lot comes out? I'm worried about damaging it through brute force and ignorance.
The pump on that version is a twist fit with a small locking tab on the edge.. push the locking tab so that it is no longer locked-in, then twist the pump to remove.. I am going out on call now, but I will be back later if you need further help. Meanwhile, please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks George I'll do that.
Penny
Here is an image of the pump, so that you have some idea of what you are looking for when looking for the locking tab
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi George
Sorry, not done yet. I have no idea how to get to the tab. The pump is fitted with no room whatsoever to get to the side of it. I looked under the machine and there's no access panel there. literally all I can reach through the cover i've taken off under the filter is the impeller. The rest of the bottom of the machine, (under the filter) seems to be solid state. Any more pictures you can send me for accessing the pump?
0523 on page 5 is the removable base
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think I've fixed it George. I put it on a rinse cycle and it's finished with no error messages.
Thanks for your help.
Penny
You're very welcome Penny