Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My rotary button on my oven that controls the time has become

Hi my rotary button on my oven that controls the time has become stuck in and I can't get it to release, any ideas??
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Will the knob pull out manually or does it feel mechanically stuck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It feels mechanically stuck, think my cleaner has pushed it is past its release point and compared to the rotary knobs on the microwave its depressed in
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure which one is the model but codes on the side are B15M42N0GB / 35 or FD 9205 000270 do either of those look like a model number?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
B15M42N0GB / 35 is the model number, thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Referring to the attached picture, which one is giving you trouble, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's 225
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Just a few minutes, please.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It is likely that the clock will need to be replaced. It is part number 00658171, available below. CLICK HERE You may find that the clock is okay once you get to it to examine it a little closer but if the button will not pull out, I suspect it is broken. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** easy to fit or do I need to get someone in?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
On that model, I would suggest having it professionally done. There is quite a bit of disassembly involved and there are parts that, if broken during disassembly, will be rather expensive to repair. It is probably worth the investment to have it professionally repaired.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Enjoy the rest of your evening, take care.... Kelly