Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My Samsung rl56gegih1 when switched on digital display comes

hi my Samsung rl56gegih1 when switched on digital display comes on for about 20 seconds then goes off.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Does the display look normal when it is on, full characters and not erratic symbols? Is it cooling, even though the display is out?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the display looks normal no cooling fridge goes dead
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Last questions, please. Do the interior lights still come on when the doors are opened, even when the display is dead?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no the power goes completely
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Okay, so that suggests that once a load is applied (like the compressor starting, etc), the power is getting lost to the refrigerator. I would start by looking at the wall outlet to see if there is a loose connection or if the outlet shows any sign of stress, like discoloration or melting. If it all looks good, you will need to test the outlet for voltage when you first plug the refrigerator in. If the voltage stays steady and the refrigerator display still goes out, then replace the main control board. If the voltage drops, you will need to address the power supply from your home's wiring. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what component has gone on power control could it be a capacitor
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
I don't think it is a control failure. I suspect the power supply is dropping out. Do you see something on the main control that looks questionable?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no but I have pluged other things in power supply and they have been ok
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
one last question, to be honest I didn't check to see if interior lights were still on if they were then what would the problem be then. thank
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
If the lights stay on, then the main control is likely faulty.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
one very last question could it then be a capacitor on the control board
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Sure, any number of components could cause it to shut down. Usually going totally dead is a power supply transformer issue, so anything in that circuit.
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Technician with over 30 years of experience.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks