Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I need some help with a Bosch Logixx dishwasher that is

Hi, I need some help with a Bosch Logixx dishwasher that is not behaving.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Good morning what is the actual problem with your dishwasher?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's done various things, right now, Check water light is on, and E14 error shortly after starting it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - hope you can solve this one. It's done various things, right now, Check water light is on, and E14 error shortly after starting it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The E number of the machine is SPS59L12gb/07 and the type is sd4p1b
OK let me briefly explain how the appliance works when filling, You select the program and hit the start button and the appliance after a short pump out phase starts to fill. The quantity of water is measured by a revolving turbine which electronically measures the number of rotations of the turbine (number of rotations equates to quantity of water) once the required number of rotations is reached the appliance moves on to wash. If the turbine fails, gets clogged with debris or there is a problem with the pcb then 'check water light' comes on.Copy and paste the following - http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/Dishwasher45cmActiveWaterslimline/SPS59L12GB/07 -- go to spare parts and diagrams, then page 4 item 0404 designation contact. Thats the part you need to change.Would you now kindly rate the information given by using the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge, just log in and you will be directed back to me. Thank you for using JA and have a great day - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, it took a while to get that part out. 0404 is a linear valve, not something that measures rotation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bit confused ...
Sorry tipo page 4 item 0405 Part number 00611317 contact.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, had a look. I removed the item in question. It's a little 'sensing' housing that goes over the shaft of the propeller that is inside the that large plastic water container module. The propeller remains inside the plastic area, and you suggest I replace the outside sensor bit (BTW, the propeller turns freely when I have it open) Does that sound right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like I got it wrong, grrr. You are referring to the glass read relay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had a look at that sensor a while ago. And I can see that it changes between making and breaking contact if there is water going through or not. BTW, not sure if it helps, but that big water container is full of water at the moment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't think that impeller turns when I start it now because that plastic thing is full of water. (Which sounds like it is not following the sequence of events you described)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm lying, it is turning, it just won't turn as much as when it started empty
Well the tank needs to dump at least 2 perhaps 3 loads of water into the wash cavity if the turbine is running and the cables to the pcb are OK then you have a pcb fault. But from my experience its the contact that is at fault 90% of the time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to check the connections and replace the contact. If it is the PCB, is that a 'drop in' replacement process or is there more to it?