George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a stove double oven that is about seven years old.

I have a stove double oven that is about seven years old. My grandson has been playing with the timer, which I never use, and the ovens won't come on. The button row has one large alarm bell, one pot with steam rising from it, one pot with no steam and a line through it, one button with a minus sign and one button with a plus sign.
All I want to do is to reset it so that the ovens come on when I want them, I don't use a timer for anything, but I do need to use the ovens!!
Linda Humphreys
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 11 months ago.
Hi Linda, my name is***** you tell me the model number and/or product code of the appliance please. This will be on a label stuck onto the side of the door, or it maybe on the metal of the door opening.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is very worn but I think it says 05052300 hope this helps
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
did you get my last?
Hi Linda, If you label the buttons 1 to 5 Press buttons 1 & 2 simultaneously, whilst doing so, press either the + or the - (4 or 5)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
could be 03052800 the only other info is Stoves 900dca and helpline *********** Bought it about eight years ago but it was likely an old model then as I got it from a cut price outlet.
Your model number in that case will be###-##-####From the left you have buttons 1 to 5Press buttons 1 & 2 simultaneously, and whilst doing so, press either button 4 or 5 ( the + or - )
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That only gives me a timed used, if I just use buttons 1 and 2 it has no effect
In that case Linda, press buttons 2 & 3 simultaneously, and whilst doing so press either 4 or 5
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A is flashing but nothing else
Turn the appliance off at the wall and wait for 30 seconds then turn it back on.
I have found some instructions in my file server for you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have switched it off and now I have A and 0.00 flashing
Ok, now press buttons 1 & 2 simultaneously, whilst doing so, press either the + or the - (4 or 5)
Has that solved your issue Linda?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, that just returns me to the situation where I can use it with the timer but when I just try and switch it on without using the timer there is no response
Have you set the clock?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, how do I do that?
Here are the instructions
I need to go out on call.. I will be back later if you need further help.. Meanwhile, please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It worked in the end, and thanks very much, two things the timer can't do - time to scrag the grandchild and gin o'clock.