Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch GKS190 circular saw which cut out. The plug

Customer Question

I have a Bosch GKS190 circular saw which cut out. The plug fuse is OK and there is power to the socket. I bought a new GKS190 and, after a days work, exactly the same thing happened. I switched it on to check I had power but when I came to use it a minute later it was completely dead. Is there a cut out which can be reset?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The exact same thing has now happened to my Bosch PSB650RE electric drill. I am working in the South of France on a property with a 6KVa supply. Could this be the problem, although I don't understand why because the power is still on.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi there is no reset button on this one unfortunately. But the problem is likely a bad switch of a bad thermal fuse since it is so new. But the motor may be defective if its doing this already being so new. I woudl really exchange that one for a new one because if the thermal fuse failed so soon, the motor windings have a sort which will cause the motor to overheat and fail the thermal fuse.If that will work for you Great but if not please let me knwo and we will go a different route;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael