George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My belling double oven - top over works fine - different knob

My belling double oven - top over works fine - different knob - but main over ruled by clock which is stuck on digital word "stop" - need to get a time of day eg. 12.20 to get the main oven to function but cannot get the digital clock to read anything but stop - was OK previously but then power went off in the house and came back on to "stop". happened before and I got it working but dont know how - just kept pressing. No model name with me now - any suggestions ?
Starving in Seattle.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sharon, my name is***** many buttons doe the clock have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually it's a whirlpool double oven (akz 195) and there is one button under the clock that you press and it moves thru the options - when the clock says a time it's good to go - but my clock is just stuck on the word "stop" digitally displayed. Temperature is controlled by a dial to lower right of clock and function by dual to lower left of clock.
Ok Sharon, Whilst I try to access some further information on the appliance, can you turn it off at the wall and leave it off for 30 mins... This will allow the electrics to discharge. You can then turn it on to see if it reboots the clock. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mr Allsorts (!)
Turned off and left it for 30 mins and hey presto - back in action. It's 12 years old but will keep it in place until replacing my kitchen in full. Thanks - Sharon
You're very welcome Sharon. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.