Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

How do I replace a capacitor on a Hoover vision HD VHC 681B

Customer Question

How do I replace a capacitor on a Hoover vision HD VHC 681B tumble dryer
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me your product code that is listed on the rating label please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiI have attached an image below
Thanks just checking
OK can you take some photos of the back and top of the cabinet as the service manual for this model of dryer doesnt show any illustrated diagrams and I dont have one in our workshops to do a dry run on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached some more photos below, the back and sides of the dryer seem to be one piece and as you can see from the pictures I have taken the top off but cannot see how I can get access to the capacitor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I going to get an answer to this question?
OK this is a complete strip down of the appliance, top off, facia panel with electronics off, door and front panel off, drum out and then you have access to the motor and its associated capacitor. Once capacitor is changed refit is the reversal of the above. Not a nice job to be doing - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi IanPretty feeble description to be honest, details of how to take everything would be useful;
Well if that is not enough information then I doubt that you are competent to carry out the repair as I dont wish to put you in danger.