Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a bosch wap28360gb machine, the door will not open. The machine clicks, as if to re

I have a bosch wap28360gb machine, the door will not open. The machine clicks, as if to release the door, but it won't open.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Is the click coming from the door lock area, even though the door is not opening?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't think so - from the machine in general. I currently have the power off with the top removed
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you start a cycle, will it start and run through but just not open the door at the end?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can reach inside to where the lock mechanism is, and I can feel where the plastic rod comes up from the bottom (the emergency release) but I can't get anything to budge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It runs through a cycle, no probs and I have washing in there - but I can't get it out
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the lock is broken internally if you cannot open it manually. The lock will need to be replaced. However, the issue is going to be getting it open. The door may need to be forced open. Any change if you press on the door firmly when you pull the release?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I will try that again, but I don't think so
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The plastic lock should give way under a little prying pressure at the door and usually they will open without damaging the door latch. Use a thin flat screwdriver to get some leverage with. The door lock is available below. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be honest the plastic handle doesn't feel fixed to anything, and feels like it would break before I managed to get the door open.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If that is the case, the latch itself is probably broken. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** not bother with the flat screw driver then?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
This model is showing that it does not have a release handle, just a hook and magnetic lock. The handle does not move when you pull on it, is that correct?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am going to pull up the service manual for that exact model. It will take just a few minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does move, I will try to send a photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See photo of handle attached
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
See the attached page. Are you able to access and inspect the motor brushes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I have no idea how to do that
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It looks like this model will have trouble opening the door if the brushes are worn. I can send you the service manual if you think you want to dig into it, but it looks like it could be several things causing the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where are these brushes? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you judge whether it is the kind of issue a repairman could fix? The brushes?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The brushes are in the motor. It may be best to have it professionally repaired.
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Technician with over 30 years of experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, well thanks for your help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.