Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I need to change the main Oven thermocouple on gas range

Customer Question

Hi I need to change the main Oven thermocouple on gas range cooker model DTC90GFSD. Can you advise me how to remove the oven panel to undo the retaining nut or advise if there is another way of removing the broken thermocouple
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Have you looked at the back of the oven, usually this is best dome by removing a rear panel, but it can also be done under the unit from the lower draw if yous has one.It would help if you can send me a a couple of pics on the site here to me so I can help more effectively with this one. Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry oven is at daughters house no pics. Have removed back sadly cannot get at fixing nut as this is at the front. Have tried to remove side panel but this is fixed at the top. I am at a loss as to how I can access the nut. Are you familiar with this model of?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no bottom drawer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael I am sorry but I don't think this will work. All I wanted to know was how to access the thermocouple fixing nut on the model of Oven I specified. It cannot be got at from the back of the oven. If you are not familiar with the specific model I doubt that you will be able to help. I will request a refund unless you can tell me how and what to remove.