Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Zanussi ZDC 67550W has just stopped - no power. CB10 2U

Customer Question

My Zanussi ZDC 67550W has just stopped - no power. CB10 2UD
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Have you checked to verify there is power at the outlet where the dryer is plugged in?Also How old is your dryer?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes have checked the socket - all OK. Have checked the 13 amp fuse in the plug too - that's ok
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Thanks,where you need to check is there thermal fuse and cut out , its located inside the dryer near whee the power cord connects to the barrier strip. Usually that is the problem. You need a meter to test that for continuity and to see where the voltage stops. If that test out ok, please let me know.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not clear where you mean. Where is the barrier strip?
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi, you can simply follow the power cord it leads directly tho those parts ;-)Once you see them, you can remove the wires and perform a test to see if the thermal fuse is bad, just check it for continuity, and let me know what you find. If you think you may forget where the wires all go, please take a pic or two before you remove any of them ;-)ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The power lead goes into a small plastic box on the back of the appliance - is that what you mean?
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi yes is that box openable?
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
That may be only the main connections, you may need to follow the leads further to locate the pats I am speaking of.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK - I have opened the box and the blue and brown wires go into a smaller red connector which i can remove to reveal two connecting tabs. The box is attached to the back of the machine with a hexagonal bolt.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do i need to take the box off the back?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have taken the box off the back. The blue and the brown leads were connected to two pink wires. The earth gors to a blue wire. Does this help?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What next?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Michael - are you still there?
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
hi yes Im here
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
One min...
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi you shouldnt need to remove the box
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So - now I have taken the box off the back - two pink wires (were connected to the blue and brown power lead) - they disappear into the machine. What next?
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
You need to remove the cover if possible,But you are looking for a fuse, it will be connected to one of the main power leads inside the dryer, also make sure yours doesnt have the fuse in the plug itself as some do.
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** need to open the machine to locate the thermal fuse,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok - I will go and try that. Any good clues as to where I look for screws etc to open the machine?
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
More than likely all you need is this part: http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/a8/Dryer-PartsAlso they are the best place to get that, it is the thermal fuse, and when it fails, you will have no power no lights etc,Dryer thermal fuse. Located on the blower housing. If the dryer overheats, the thermal fuse blows to cut off power to the dryer. If the thermal fuse has blown, the dryer won't start. The thermal fuse cannot be reset—if the fuse has blown, replace it. Thermal fuses often blow due to a clogged vent.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have taken off the top panel. where do i look for the thermal fuse?
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi its usually in the back or near the bottom ;-(Just have to follow the wires, use a good light source as well especially if you have never done one of these before.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll go and look - thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Your welcome, Im here on and off all day today, so if I dont reply immediately I will once I get back on;-) Thanks and best of luck with this.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Never did find a thermal fuse. Found 2 capacitors - one of these showed no continuity - the 2u one. Could this be the problem?
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi its possible but where did you find the caps?Were on the main board?You can send me a pic or two on here so I can be sure what you are speaking about;-)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The capacitors were separate - both low down on one side. one near the front and one near the back. attached a product picture
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi, yes that is a problem for sure ;-)You will need to replace them both in this case, for a few reasons, the most important is one will cause the other to fail prematurely if they are different ages.The best place to get those would be, http://www.espares.co.uk/Its best to call them and also ask them if there is a thermal cut off inside the machine because there should be one.I will help you locate and replace that when you have it in hand ;-)Sales0844 9777 888After sales0333 4007 888Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, Closed Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.