Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch Exxcel 1400S Express washine machine. Fuse blew

I have a Bosch Exxcel 1400S Express washine machine. Fuse blew mid cycle. I've changed the fuse, but I seem to remember that there was a reset procedure to follow. I can't remember what I did last time.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Can you tell me what the machine does exactly at this time?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this time, there is no power. It's dead. I'm hoping that since I've changed the fuse in the plug, and reset, it will work. I've had to do this once before, but can't remember what I did. Worst case, it's buy a new washing machine.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You did the right things , but have you tested the fuse and wiring to be sure there is power and that the fuse is actually good.If you have done all that, then you have a bad main board. but please be sure the main board is now getting power.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, tested the socket with another device, and power is on to the socket. So far, so good.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok also you will need to test the power at the fuse inside, and make sure its good and the wires are correctly connected. Then if you do have power there, you will need to replace the man board. But I will help you with the best place to get that if it turns out that you need that part. You can pick up a cheap meter or even a test light to d this from any local hardware store ;-)Please remember to rate so I can remain with you, no additional cost to rate.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,There was no way I was going to be able to check the electrics on the washing machine body...I couldn't move the damned thing. I actually deal in blood...much safer. We bought a new machine on Saturday T Time and it was delivered and installed yesterday. All happy nowCheers,