Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Miele Dishwasher G1470 SVCi Error Code F24 - keeps blowing

Customer Question

Miele Dishwasher G1470 SVCi Error Code F24 - keeps blowing fuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Told I may need a new heater relay part number(###) ###-####- costs £50 including delivery - want to know whether this is the most likely problem and instructions as to how to fit a new heater relay on this model of dishwasher
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
F24 is no signal from the heater relay. at the start of a cycle the dishwasher runs the drain pump for 30 seconds. it will, at the same time send a power signal to the heater relay. if the computer doesnt see a signal back from the relay, it will stop the cycle and beep. Sometimes this happens almost as soon as you press the start button. Sometimes the relays are just bad, but it is usually caused by a voltage spike, or by using too much detergent. the excess detergent will oversuds the machine, and leak into the base pan. The relay is located in the base area so you will need to disconnect it from electric, drain and water supply and tip it backwards. Then remove the base and you should be able to find it - have towels to hand just incase there is a lot of water in the base - this is very important take pictures as you go along as diagrams for Miele products are almost impossible to get - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian - I can google too - do you not have more information for me.F24 is no signal from the heater relay. at the start of a cycle the dishwasher runs the drain pump for 30 seconds. it will, at the same time send a power signal to the heater relay. if the computer doesnt see a signal back from the relay, it will stop the cycle and beep. Sometimes this happens almost as soon as you press the start button. Sometimes the relays are just bad, but it is usually caused by a voltage spike, or by using too much detergent. the excess detergent will oversuds the machine, and leak into the bottom pan. the soap will corrode the contacts on the relay and cause the f24 fault. the relay can be accessed by removing the bottom pan of the dishwasher with 4 t20 screws. it requires that the dishwasher be turned on its side. Courtesy of Brian Hammett.
We can all copy and paste from the service manual which doesnt make it any the less correct. I have told you how to take the appliance to pieces and where to look what more do you need to know? If it isn't the relay which is the most common problem with it being in the base, then it will be the cables to the main pcb or the pcb itself. Since you don't have the Miele software to do a diagnostic check its check the obvious culprits and hope its not the board.