Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

I have a solid fuel fire/oven retro Victorian style

Hello, I have a solid fuel fire/oven retro Victorian style black cast iron.I would like to convert this to burn LPG ....it has a flue ...would this be possible ....??? thank you for any help you can give me ...Marshall Lock ..Orkney Scotland
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you ....yes please continue to search for an expert
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , it may be possible, but an lot gas safe engineer would have to come and look at it first. Go on gas safe website and use their search facility to input your postcode an lot e binder needed
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Adam
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
A complicated procedure but in theory, yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I feel that what you say is too ambiguous to be of any value to me ....why is it potentially complicated? Your email to me cannot be described as an answer ..surely it is merely a response...and to me it looks like a sidestep ....some details and advice please ...then I can rate your answer. thank you ...marshall
Not a sidestep just I need more information.
Firstly speak to the manufacturer to see if they actually make a conversion kit for it - if they do not then it is dead in the water as you cannot make one yourself.
Then once you have a price for that (and add about £150 for fitting) you can see whether it is financially viable.
If it is then time to get the flue checked and any alterations for a gas conversion (flue liner required, etc)
And then finally you have the cost of running LPG to the appliance.I hope this gives you more of an insight into the procedure and costs.
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Gas cooker specialist