Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Siemens Dryer E46.38 and it does not power on. Checked the fuse, etc. When I turn

I have a Siemens Dryer E46.38 and it does not power on. Checked the fuse, etc. When I turn the knob nothing happens - I would expect the panel to light up. It came with a house purchase and we have never seen it working.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the full model number please. Its usually on a sticker on the inside of the door and start E-nr Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel - its E-Nr. WT46E389GB/17 FD 8912 200071
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. If theres no power to the dryer then i assume you have already tried the dryer in a different plug socket that you know works?If you havent then pull the dryer out and remove the plug and try it in a socket that you know works to rule out the power supply. If thats all ok and you have already tried this then remove the top of the dryer and from there you will see the mains filter at the back. It has the mains power cable going to it. Check the wiring there and make sure there isnt any signs of burning on the wiring there.If you have a voltage tester just check there and see if theres voltage going into the dryer. If thats all ok then im afraid this is going to be a faulty control board here. As the power enters the dryer and goes to the mains filter and then stright to the control board. So if its not comming on then it will be the power board at fault. As theres no fuses or anything like that inside these dryers im afraid. So try the above and see how it goes from there. Regards