George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a bosch oven HBN531E2B and need to change the light

I have a bosch oven HBN531E2B and need to change the light bulb but cannot unscrew it . How can I remove the glass?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mike, my name is***** is the problem you are having, is it the glass cover that is stuck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Phone request sent as requested Mike. Please be patient as I am on call, so will be in and out, sometimes out for hours at a time, and therefore may not be able to answer you immediately but will either ring you on my next availability, or on my return to the office.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried your tip but was unsuccessful the glass light cover is stuck fast. I can try to loosen it with wd40 but apart from that I am at a loss to know what to do.
Try heating smearing a strong detergent like Fairy Liquid onto the area of the glass where the thread is above, then heat it, but to a higher heat, then use a warm damp thick towel to twist anti-clockwise.. Avoid at all costs using wd40 in your oven.. High Risk of Fire .. the WD-40 product should always be kept out of heat sources. Notwithstanding this, you will not be able to remove all traces of the product from the oven and it will therefore taint cooking thereafter.WD-40 should be kept away from food
The phone assistance request has been sent to you Mike if you wish to continue with that request
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice to my problem. I do not wish to telephone you so there is no need to send any more messages.
That's fine Mike... The reason for the messages was because I received this:(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.but if you no longer require it then I will not send further messages regarding that. How are you getting on with the problem at hand?