Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Hotpoint HV7L 1451P washing machine at home, a fault

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint HV7L 1451P washing machine at home, a fault occurred last night.
I selected the fastwash programme, then had to pop out to work. I came back 3 hours later and found the machine was still running at the wash cycle, the soap powder and fabric conditioner had been used-up but the machine had not yet moved on to the rinse cycle. I paused the machine, then selected the rinse cycle, the machine started the rinse cycle, after a few minutes I paused the machine again and then selected the spin cycle (I was in a hurry). I ran the spin cycle completely and there were no problems.
Any idea why the machine was stuck on the wash cycle?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Either the heater failed to heat the water, the drain pump has jammed or the programmer is faulty.