Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Panasonic nr-b54x1 and in the last day it lets

Customer Question

Hi I have a Panasonic nr-b54x1 and in the last day it lets me press the button to select Ice but it doesn't move off the water dispense icon it beeps but it doesn't change? Any ideas
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The electronics are probably just in need of a reset. Unplug the refrigerator for 20 minutes and then plug it back in. It will likely restore operation. Let me know what happens, please. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've turned it off and left it 20 mins the ice icon will still not select?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Are you hearing a beep when the button is pressed? Do the other buttons respond?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes when I press the button for it to function it beeps to select the first one which is water then I press it again for ice, it beeps but doesn't go off water
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Do you see Lock displayed on the panel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the freezer panel or main panel?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Either panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not seeing any lock displayed anywhere
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
See the attached page and see if you can toggle the lock function on and off, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I've held it in and for 3 6 and 9 seconds still won't select the other icon
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Does it ever lock the panel, displaying lock on the display?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I've never seen the lock in it
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the electronic control is failing. I suspect it is the main controller below that has troubles. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£330 for a button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It is the entire control that controls the functions of the dispenser, the "brain" of the control system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this a common fault? There has been no signs of anything previously
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The electronics are the most common failure in any appliance.