Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hey Michael. I'm having the same issue with the same model

Hey Michael. I'm having the same issue with the same model as http://www.justanswer.co.uk/appliance/823x5-hi-i-m-having-issues-electrolux-fridge-freezer-model.html
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.For some reason I can not see that, Please let me know the symptoms and the age of your fridge so I can help you solve this issue;-) Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fridge Freezer issue -
Electrolux
Model:ERN 2820
Type: B256946Fuse went in plug. Replaced. Fridge and Freezer not cooling. Can hear low hum noise from condenser. Condenser is warm. Freezer seems to start freezing but after some time thaws out. Have switched the thermostat (dial inside with setting 0-6) to 6 but no change. There is no auto defrost mode for this model as far as I can tell. You helped someone with the exact same issue and model on 16 Oct 2013.
That guy was going to replace his thermostat, but never came back to say if the problem had been resolved by that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fridge Freezer issue -
Electrolux
Model:ERN 2820
Type: B256946Fuse went in plug. Replaced. Fridge and Freezer not cooling. Can hear low hum noise from condenser. Condenser is warm. Freezer seems to start freezing but after some time thaws out. Fridge never seems to cool at all. Have switched the thermostat (dial inside with setting 0-6) to 6 but no change. There is no auto defrost mode for this model as far as I can tell. You helped someone with the exact same issue and model on 16 Oct 2013.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** feel the freon copper lines, from the compressor. Let me know one should be pretty warm and the other cold.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Also does the fan in the freezer behind the wall run ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure where the fan is Michae, there is no obvious way to remove a walk from the inside. The cooling coils are inside the freezer beneath each shelf. I can't say for sure about both the copper lines, but one was definitely warming up.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi is the other getting cold?Or not really?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not particularly. Here's some pics of the inside of the freezer and the compressor
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for the pics. Are you Sure the compressor is running, and if the one line is warm the other should be really cold. If the compressor is running, and its not cooling and from what you say, it sounds like you are low on freon.That is something you will need a tech to add for you on this fridge.Also since it shouldn't be low, there is a leak somewhere. Likely just a super tiny one and they use a chemical dye they add to the freon to show where the leak is so the they can fix it with solder.I wish I had better news for you on this but a tech will be needed to fix this as freon laws make it so they are really the only ones able to deliver that.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael